XML Sitemaps (google-sitemap-generator) Plugin Help & Customization Services
XML sitemaps are a great way to ensure that your website is easily searchable by Google and other search engines. By providing Google with a list of the pages and their respective URLs, you can ensure that your website is properly categorized and indexed.
What is a XML Sitemaps?
XML sitemaps are a XML file that map URLs to content on a website. When a web crawler visits the website, it can download the XML file and use the information in it to create a list of the pages on the website. This list can then be used to search for pages on the website.
XML sitemaps are useful for two reasons: first, they can help you manage your website’s content more effectively; and second, they can help you improve your site’s ranking in Google search results.
To create an XML sitemap, you first need to create a XML file called “sitemap.xml”. The following is an example of a simple XML sitemap file:
Why Use a XML Sitemaps Plugin?
If you’re like most site owners, you’ve probably been using Google Webmaster Tools (GWT) to generate XML sitemaps. However, GWT’s sitemap generation feature is limited in scope and can be time-consuming to use. That’s where a XML sitemap plugin comes in handy.
A XML sitemap plugin lets you generate comprehensive, up-to-date XML sitemaps without ever leaving GWT. The plugin takes care of all the tedious work of generating the sitemap files, so you can focus on creating great content.
Here are a few reasons to consider using a XML sitemap plugin:
1. Improved Site Ranking: A well-maintained XML sitemap will help your site rank higher in Google search results. Not only that, but a properly generated XML sitemap will also help improve the visibility of your site on other search engines.
3. Reduced Maintenance Costs: By
How to Install and Use the XML Sitemap Plugin
The xmlsitemap plugin from Google is a great way to help your web site rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). Install the xmlsitemap plugin and create a google sitemap.xml file to tell Google about your web site’s pages and how they are organized. Here’s how:
1. Go to Google Web Search and sign in.
2. In the left-hand menu, click Site Search.
3. On the SiteSearch page, under Staging Areas, click XML Sitemaps.
4. On the XML Sitemaps page, click Add Site.
5. Enter the following information into the Add Site form: Name: My Web Site URL: http://www.mywebsite.com/ Description: This is my website Creation Date: Feb 24, 2009 Last Modification Date: Feb 24, 2009 Click Save.
6. In the left-hand menu, click XML Sitemaps (on the main XML Sitemaps page).
7. Under Your Sites, click My Web Site.
8. Under Files and Fold
Tips for Creating Valuable XML Sitemaps
Creating a valuable XML sitemap can help your website rank higher in search engine results pages. Here are some tips for creating effective XML sitemaps:
1. Use the correct file format. The XML sitemap file must be in the correct format for Google to process it. If your website is hosted on a web server, then the XML sitemap should be in the .xml format. If your website is hosted on Google’s servers, then the XML sitemap should be in the .google-sitemap file format.
2. Add important URLs. Make sure to include all of the important URL addresses on your XML sitemap. These include the main URL address, any subdomain addresses, and any child pages of your main URL address (e.g., www.example.com/blog/ would include blog/ as a child page).
3. Include all content types. Include all of the content types that your website contains – both text and multimedia content. This includes not only pages but also images, Flash files, and even YouTube videos!
4. Use schema markup correctly. Use the appropriate schema markup for each type of content you’re including on your
In this article, we will be discussing the xml sitemaps plugin help that is available on google-sitemap-generator. This plugin helps you generate XML sitemaps for your website.xml file. If you are not familiar with how XML sitemaps work, they are a way to document the structure of your website so that search engines can better understand it. By generating an XML sitemap, you can ensure that your website is listed in the Google Search results as well as on other online directories.